Saturday, December 13, 2014

Six Teas (Poem)



The calm and floral
notes of Jasmine Green
first they dance, and then linger
and remind me of
the flowering spring

The earthy-smoky 
hints in Keemun
remind me of the 
sightly smoky woods
into which I walk

The nutty-grassy 
taste in Kukicha tea
is one in which I do delight 
it tastes like autumn, it tastes of lake
and of the fresh-cut grass

The buttery-nutty taste 
can be found in Milk Oolong
it tastes of fresh churned butter
and holds me many memories
I smile when I taste this tea

I like the taste of White Peony
that reminds me of
the summer rain
of fresh fallen autumn leaves 
and of melting winter snow

The taste of Pu-erh of many kinds
always has and always will
remind me of the spring
whether walking in the rainy wood
or in my garden planting seed

No comments:

Post a Comment

We (anyone who reads or contributes to this blog) are very glad to hear any comments or questions you may have!

You can comment using a Google+, Blogger, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad, AIM, or OpenID account (I do not even know what most of those are!)

If you do not have any of those accounts, you can comment using the Anonymous option, or the Name/URL option.
In case you don't know how to use the Name/URL option, click on it and a small box will pop up, and two smaller boxes will be inside that box. One will say "Name". The other will say "URL". Put your name in the name box, and if you have a blog or website, put the URL to it in the URL box (unless you do not want anyone visiting your site.)