Sunday, December 28, 2014

Jinggu "Golden Strand" Pure Bud Yunnan Black Tea


The tea is a very beautiful golden-brown color.
You can see our kitchen-ceiling fan reflected in the tea!


I got given a tea sample, I guess about two years ago, by a friend that worked for Kaldi's coffee and the tea sample had been sent to Kaldi's.  The package says: Jinggu "Golden Strand" Pure Bud Yunnan Black tea* Autumn 2012 and is from Yunnan Sourcing.  I really liked it when I first tried it, but then put it in a tin can and put it on a shelf and forgot about it.  Then about a year ago, I was looking in all my tin cans (I do that occasionally), and found it.  I re-tried it and this time did NOT forget about it, it is a very rememberable tea.
These are my tasting notes; First sip: fresh strawberries, juicy, creamy mouthfeel. Second sip: vanilla, sweet, still a hint of strawberries, the juiciness can be tasted with every sip-all through the entire pot, cream aftertaste. Third sip: vanilla, cream, and sweet notes are more intense, hardly any fruitiness left, a slightly toasty note.  The tea is very slightly astringent, and is surprisingly mellow for a black tea.
I think it is very interesting that you taste different things with every sip when you are drinking tea.  I think that one of the things that makes this tea so good is the fact that it is made from only leaf buds.
The leaf buds of the camellia sinensis make the best teas, depending on what you are looking for in a tea, I suppose.




The loose leaves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We (anyone who reads or contributes to this blog) are very glad to hear any comments or questions you may have!

You can comment using a Google+, Blogger, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad, AIM, or OpenID account (I do not even know what most of those are!)

If you do not have any of those accounts, you can comment using the Anonymous option, or the Name/URL option.
In case you don't know how to use the Name/URL option, click on it and a small box will pop up, and two smaller boxes will be inside that box. One will say "Name". The other will say "URL". Put your name in the name box, and if you have a blog or website, put the URL to it in the URL box (unless you do not want anyone visiting your site.)