Thursday, March 19, 2015

Tung Ting Oolong


I finally got this poem done! I had been starting and re-starting it for quite awhile, but never really got beyond the first line. I decided to try starting it a totally different way. I started it as brewing the tea, not starting it as what the tea tastes like. Here it is (finally, and it is still not perfect) I hope you enjoy it!

I set the leaves to steep,
hot water I then pour over
drowning in the water deep,
they unfurl so beautifully.

Then I smell my finished tea,
lakes and streams and grass
the aroma drifts so wonderfully
though 'tis still to hot for me to sip.

But it then cools off, it seems!
So a careful little sip I take,
but then I quickly cough,
twas still too hot for me.

When the second sip I take,
I take it very cautiously
though the flavors dance 
across and around my tongue.

As I take the next sip over,
the first thing that I taste,
is barley grass and clover
call it vegetal otherwise.

In the next sip that I take
a new flavor is distinct
it is not grass, and is not lake,
it's the bitter almond that I taste!

The next tasty thing,
is honey; dark, dark, honey
though the sweet does not take wing,
I only taste the so-dark flavor.

Have I said enough yet,
of this so-good tea?
If I haven't, do not fret
try it without me!

Or with me, if you want to! What do you think of this poem? Do you think that starting at the brewing and burning your tongue before you really get to taste it a good way to start the poem? The burning your tongue part of the poem happens way too often to me!



1 comment:

  1. Well done! I can relate to your poem and appreciate the transition from the starting experience (burning tongue) to the finish.

    ReplyDelete

We (anyone who reads or contributes to this blog) are very glad to hear any comments or questions you may have!

You can comment using a Google+, Blogger, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad, AIM, or OpenID account (I do not even know what most of those are!)

If you do not have any of those accounts, you can comment using the Anonymous option, or the Name/URL option.
In case you don't know how to use the Name/URL option, click on it and a small box will pop up, and two smaller boxes will be inside that box. One will say "Name". The other will say "URL". Put your name in the name box, and if you have a blog or website, put the URL to it in the URL box (unless you do not want anyone visiting your site.)